Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Is the internet enhancing interpersonal connections or leading to greater social isolation?

I think it does both. I have been able to connect with people who I haven't seen in a long time, who without the internet, would most likely never see again. I am also able to talk about things that I may ordinarily feel uncomfortable talking about (feelings ect) because of the ';safety'; of cyberspace. However if the internet is the only way in which you are connected then you are missing out on the important aspect of personal interaction, physical closeness.Is the internet enhancing interpersonal connections or leading to greater social isolation?
I THINK THE MAGIC WORD IS INTERNET.





MEANS TO CONNECT NOT DISCONNECT..





RAMBLING.Is the internet enhancing interpersonal connections or leading to greater social isolation?
Both!
Both. The internet, just like life is what you make of it.
Both at the same time. I live in California, and people I know in Florida and Texas have told me things that they wouldn't dare tell their own friends.
like any tool, the internet can be misused. some people think it's okay to substitute the internet for actual human interaction. but most people can be balanced. i personally enjoy the way sites like myspace and livejournal allow me to keep in touch with people that i otherwise wouldn't. but i also highly prefer hanging out with people over talking to them on AIM or something.
Both.
Try .... chilling out... lol go for a vacation.. away from the computer.. ahahaa....
  • printer cartridge
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment