Friday, July 30, 2010

Does isolation bring on productivity?

I want to be more productive with my life. I want to get more extraordinary things done. I want to make my life creative. I want to make my life more exciting. I want to make my life more meaningful. I want to achieve success.





If there is one thing that I belive is holding me back, and it is my friends. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE hanging out with my friends and I am not planning on just shutting them out of my life.





I am just wondering that if I will be more productive if I just isolated myself a little bit more.





I don't know, I am just confused about what's right for me or not.Does isolation bring on productivity?
I'm afraid that your idea is good in theory, but probably wrong. You need other people to keep you accountable. This will stimulate you to get more things done. If you become isolated, you will most likely fall into lazyness and waste a lot more time. It can work, but you must be very disciplined, and that is difficult for a lot of people. Good Luck.Does isolation bring on productivity?
I wouldn't suggest completely cutting yourself off from your friends unless they discourage you from bettering yourself, are generally negative influences in your life, or are unsupportive of your goals.





Nevertheless, I've always found that having some ';me time'; is never a bad thing. Doing more things on your own makes you feel more independent and can help clear your mind of daily clutter. Meditation, journaling, communing with nature, are all ways of rejuvenating yourself. It may also help you focus on ways of making your life more creative, exciting, meaningful, and successful.
If you want to be more creative, don't get rid of your friends, get rid of your computer...

No comments:

Post a Comment