Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How can bpd people deal with the emptiness, abandonment and isolation that they feel? plus the fact?

that forming relationships with people is extremely difficult, and harder to maintain to. then what always happens is rejection from others....reinforcing he feelings of abandonment.





im 30 years old, have bpd, never made any friends in life...never had a partner or spouse...i live alone and endure loneliness everyday.......i have rage problems and anger because of supressed anger, and a extensive bullying and abusive past/


i have severe low self esteem issues, clingyness issues...attachment problems...where i want the good people i encounter to be supportive and around me all the time....carry me in life.


unfortunatly because of these issues people reject me, are put off me.....and i finish up repelling them.





ive never been employed due to my traumatic life and disorder.


i have a mental health record...and now i feel tarnished and alienated by people.


i just want happiness, friends and a fullfilling life like everyone else, which ive missed out on. i want acceptance %26amp; love.How can bpd people deal with the emptiness, abandonment and isolation that they feel? plus the fact?
I have a mental health record too - I was hospitalized numerous times last year when my husband left me. I almost killed myself, suffered from delusions, hallucinations, hearing voices, etc. I went through intensive therapy in the hospital and also as part of an out-patient program. I was also put on meds - the types and dosages would get tweaked each time I landed back in the hospital. It took 11 months of weekly therapy before I was ready to go to work full-time. My current job has no idea of what I suffered through last year. I seem pretty normal to my co-workers, other than I am a little quiet.


I am still on meds and see a psychiatrist every six weeks, and she monitors my meds and progress.





I think it would help you if you got a job, any job. It would give you a purpose, a reason to get up in the morning. Plus it would help you to get out of the house and away from the computer. We on y! answers can give you advice, but we cannot take the place of flesh and blood people who can give you a smile or a pat on the shoulder or a hug. It sounds like you need to learn socialization skills and having a job would help with that. Work at a bakery or a supermarket - you'd have plenty of interaction with customers and co-workers. Don't unload all of your problems on the first person you meet - talk about less loaded topics like your favorite music or movies. You are a very deep person and are probably looking for people with equally profound things to say. But for now you should focus on just finding people that can make you laugh or at least smile. So what's next? Make a point each day to put in an application or two to potential employers. You only have to do a couple each day and you'll have over a dozen done by the end of the week. You are bound to find something, it's just going to take a little effort. And it really isn't as scary as it sounds, no one has to know about your past. You just have to show them your determination to put in a good day's work.





Food for thought - I'm not sure of your spiritual beliefs, and I don't want to preach, but maybe you should join a church. Churches have a built-in community that is geared towards helping other people. Talking to the right pastor might be a good thing for you. You may have to try a few different churches before you find one that you connect with. Not everyone is out there to convert you, but they have lots of love and understanding to share, it radiates from them and might help you heal.How can bpd people deal with the emptiness, abandonment and isolation that they feel? plus the fact?
when you say BPD do you mean boarder line personality disorder If so then the only thing that can help is behavior modification it is a behavior problem and the only way to change is for you to change your behavior if you are not a boarder line PD then can you please clarify what BPD stands for
LORD knows I've traveled many highways, and drifted along on any old wind that blows .Another fool in many millions,chasing down another foolish road.Try as i may still just a looser,each step i took i fell back two.until the day that i met JESUS,HE said Ive got some things that i want you to do.Just put away your worldly ambition's.Give up and let your heart go free.you take up your cross,and just believe in me,and i';ll make you what i want you to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment